Grants and Sponsorships
Community groups are invited to submit a Letter of Interest not exceeding two pages in length to DUgood@duca.com. When a submission is of interest, organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal. Those submitting a full proposal without being invited will not be considered.
Our selection criteria:
- Your organization must be a non-profit, charity, social enterprise, foundation or association based in Canada with a mandate to address a social inequity or environmental concern.
- Your organization/initiative offers innovative solutions directly related to DUCA’s key focus areas: transitions out of poverty, helping good ideas grow and fair financial inclusion.
- Your organization is accountable to your stakeholders and reports publicly on activities, partnerships and impacts in Canadian communities at least annually (e.g. participation, results, etc.).
- Your organization prioritizes improving effectiveness and is actively seeking ways of increasing its social impact.
- For large donations ($25,000 and up): Your organization can clearly articulate why your program works, what results you expect to emerge and how they will be measured.
Exclusions and Exemptions
The following types of initiatives will not be considered for donation or community sponsorships:
- Support of individuals
- Telephone solicitations
- Private clubs funded through membership fees
- Travel expenses, including field trips or tours
- Professional sports teams
- Chambers of Commerce
- Industry associations
- Political organizations
- Organizations with conflicting mandates and agendas to DUCA
- Organizations without a CRA Charitable Number
- Contributions to cover a general operating deficit
Examples of key partnerships: