Everyday banking in the event of reduced public interactions
Acknowledging your concerns
With the recent announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) confirming that COVID-19 is a pandemic, we understand that health is top of mind lately and that some of you may have concerns about public interaction.
We are equally concerned about your health and safety as well as that of our DUCA teams. While, at the time of this communications, the WHO has not changed its assessment of the threat posed by the virus nor has it changed its direction to countries and individuals about health practices, nonetheless, we wish to remind you that you can continue your everyday banking at DUCA without having to be physically present in a branch.
There are ways to bank outside of a branch with the easiest and most convenient options being either online or on your smartphone. You can make payments by email, pay bills, order cheques, purchase a term deposit, transfer money between financial institutions, and generally move your money around in a secure environment. (For more information on DUCA’s security measures, visit our Security and Privacy web page.)
Here are your choices for non-branch banking:
- Online. Visit duca.com and click on “Online Banking” in the upper right.
- To set up your online banking account, call 1.866.900.3822.
- To transfer money between financial institutions, you will need to complete a Me-to-Me Transfer Authorization Form. Access this form once you establish your online banking account. Instructions are on the form.
- On your smartphone. DUCA's Mobile Banking app is available for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and Android™ phones and tablets. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Call Member Connect. Our call centre, at 1.866.900.3822, is like a phone-in bank. They can help you with your everyday banking services as well as with any mortgage queries you may have.
- THE EXCHANGE Network. While we know you might want to reduce your interactions, sometimes you need cash in which case you’ll want to find the ATM closest to you. DUCA is on THE EXCHANGE network with thousands of free ATMs across Canada. Find the one closest to you at THE EXCHANGE Network.
Keep your banking up to date with any of the options above. If you need assistance, we will be more than happy to help. Just call 1.866.900.3822 or contact your branch.
We will continue to monitor the current situation. Any updates will be posted on duca.com.
In the event of a public confinement or isolation, we might need to reach you about your accounts! Email and phone are the fastest methods of communication so call 1.866.900.3822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of your updated contact information in case we need to share any late-breaking news or developments.