The end of 2019 saw the introduction of what would eventually become known as the COVID-19 pandemic.
DUCA's Emergency Response Team relied upon our Business Resilience Plan -- a pre-established crisis preparedness plan that was developed in case of just such an event. The Team reacted quickly and decisively with a number of actions intended to keep Members, employees, and communities safe while still enabling the conduct of business.
DUCA's COVID-19 communications to Members and other stakeholders started early on when the pandemic was declared and still continues with regular updates. All messaging can be tracked through the series of announcements below.
- May 12, 2020: As we await announcements about recovery and a re-opening of business, here is a status report on our latest COVID-19 responses.
- April 21, 2020: Business Members can apply for CEBA Loan directly through DUCA
- April 14, 2020: Applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit? Sign up for CRA's Direct Deposit
- April 13, 2020: Temporary Closure of Willowdale Branch
- April 9, 20202: Recap: Overview of DUCA's Response to COVID-19 thus far
- April 6, 2020: Government announces 2020 optional 25% reduction in minimum monthly RRIF payments
- April 1, 2020: Adapting to COVID-19: Changes to Branch Hours
- March 20, 2020: Message to our Partners and Stakeholders
- March 20, 2020: Notice to Members to contact us in the event of financial hardship due to COVID-19
- March 16, 2020: Advising Members to watch for upcoming changes
- March 12, 2020: How to bank at DUCA without entering a branch
In addition, we invite you to read the following personal blog post by Doug Conick, President and CEO:
- Doug Conick discusses DUCA’s COVID-19 Response Strategy
We are dedicated to frequent and transparent communications, especially in times such as these, and ask you to revisit this page for further announcements and developments.
Wishing good health to all.