What is DUCA?
How DUCA began
DUCA sprang to life in 1954 when a group of Dutch Canadians saw the need for a financial co-operative that would work to the benefit of its Members. Our philosophy of "profits with a purpose" has been our touchstone in every chapter of our story. It has taken us from a single branch credit union in Toronto to 16 branches across Southern Ontario and over 70,000 Members.
What’s DUCA today?
We’re a vibrant, exciting credit union that lives its "profits with a purpose" philosophy in every financial transaction, product, interest rate, and community initiative we offer. For example:
- We share DUCA’s profits with Members* through our Bonus Share program
- We offer competitive rates that rank among the best in the business
- DUCA Members enjoy the highest level of service with the lowest possible fees
- Our DUgood community philosophy contributes in meaningful ways to local, national, and international initiatives that our Members, Board, and staff care deeply about. This led to DUCA's designation as a B-Corp certified organization, the first ever credit union to receive this global recognition.
Who does DUCA serve?
At its heart, DUCA is people. People just like you who want:
- Maximum interest on savings and minimal service fees
- Minimal interest and maximum convenience on loans
- Asset protection on homes and businesses
- Thoughtful answers from qualified advisors
- Short- or long-term mortgage options
- Aggressive or measured investment strategies
- Tax shelter for income
- Knowledge on how to access government contributions to children’s education
- The best ways to save for retirement
Where can I find DUCA?
You’ll find DUCA:
- At one of our branches across Southern Ontario
- At any automated teller machine displaying the Interac®, THE EXCHANGE, Accel, or CIRRUS® logo
- Online from your desktop, tablet, or mobile device allowing you to pay bills, transfer funds, check balances, or manage your accounts 24/7
- Through our Member Connect Contact Centre, 1-866-900-DUCA (3822). Click here for hours.
Be a part of DUCA
It not only pays to be a DUCA Member, it’s easy. Join online today.
*Based on the interest they pay or receive each year. Conditions apply. See our Profit Sharing page for more information.