What is DUCA?
People often ask us what "DUCA" means. We tell them it's definitely not your average bank. DUCA is an extraordinary idea, rooted in our proud history as a credit union and what we continue to believe in today. DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives.
How DUCA began
DUCA sprang to life in 1954 when a group of Dutch Canadians saw the need for a financial co-operative that would work to the benefit of its Members. Our philosophy of "profits with a purpose" has been our touchstone in every chapter of our story. It has taken us from a single branch credit union in Toronto to 15 branches across Southern Ontario and over 50,000 Members.
What’s DUCA today?
We’re a vibrant, exciting credit union that lives its "profits with a purpose" philosophy in every financial transaction, product, interest rate, and community initiative we offer. For example:
- We divide DUCA’s profits among each Member* in our Get More Bonus Share program
- We offer competitive rates that rank among the best in the business
- DUCA Members enjoy the highest level of service with the lowest possible fees
- Our DUgood community philosophy contributes in meaningful ways to local, national, and international initiatives that our Members, Board, and staff care deeply about. In October 2015, this led to DUCA's designation as a B-Corp certified organization, the first ever credit union to receive this global recognition.
Who does DUCA serve?
At its heart, DUCA is people. People just like you who want:
- Maximum interest and minimal service fees on savings
- Minimal interest and maximum convenience on loans
- Asset protection on homes and businesses
- Thoughtful answers from qualified advisors
- Short or long-term mortgage options
- Aggressive or measured investment strategies
- Tax shelter for income
- Knowledge on how to access government contributions to children’s education
- The best ways to save for retirement
Where can I find DUCA?
You’ll find DUCA:
- At one of our 15 branches across Southern Ontario
- At any automated teller machine displaying the Interac®, THE EXCHANGE, Accel, or CIRRUS® logo
- Online from your desktop, tablet, or mobile device allowing you to pay bills, transfer funds, check balances, or manage your accounts 24/7
- Available Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm through our Member Connect Contact Centre, 1-866-900-DUCA (3822)
Be a part of DUCA
It not only pays to be a DUCA Member, it’s easy. Join online today.
*based on the interest they pay or receive each year.